Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Cherish The Moment






“No use thinking of the past for its gone, don't think of the future because it has to come, think of the present because that’s where you are.”

Kazi Shams




When I write for you all, I try to think of or find a quote that sums up and puts into words my major feeling for the week. Well this week, I was stuck in the repetitive thought process loop of how we get to see each group for one week, and then we have to wait an entire year before we get to see them again. I had never really thought of it that way before. It has always been more of an I can’t wait to see the group next week, they are so great, type of feeling. Well this year I have had this mopey feeling all week thinking about how little time truly I have had to spend with you all. That was until I came across this quote.

I read it through a couple of times, and I thought, I have been going about this all wrong. This year, and at time in the years before, I had been too focused on past and the future instead of really living in the moment. I forgot, that even though I only see you for one week a year, the unbelievable relationships I have formed. The weeks may go fast, and sometimes they blend together, but I really truly cherish the time I get with all of you.


So, let this be your reminder to really enjoy the present. To hold and cherish the great moments and memories of the past, but not dwell on them. To look forward to the great things the future holds, but not to worry, or wish it upon you too quickly. Each moment is fleeting, time will never stand still, so don’t miss that moment, own it.


With that being said, I am going to cherish the moments of this past week. After about a week and a half, we have finally begun to settle down and get into the typical groove of camp life. You know, finally doing things like making dinner at a reasonable time, having everything open and ready, sticking to a consistent cleaning schedule, and re-learning that normal people change their clothes every day. Just the normal stuff everyone worries about, right?

All jokes aside it was the perfect first week. We had a small group, which was a great way to get everyone acclimated to what typical camp life would be like.

As usual though, it wouldn’t be right without some kind of a twist. On Saturday, dad’s friend Bruce decided to go to the WhiskeyJack for breakfast. Inside, he got to talking with some guys who, on a whim, decided to take a fishing trip and had not found a place to go. Long story short, I got a phone call from Bruce telling me he was sending to guys into Wine for a couple of days. The two stayed for three days and loved every moment of it. We were so glad to have them.

Also this week we made some improvements on the camp. We now have docks at the Trout, Loon, and Fish house!







The week brought with it some rain, which helped our water-level a bit. It is at the highest we have seen it in about two years which is great. The small week gave me a great opportunity to go fishing and I had some great catches (the biggest pike of my life included), but I was not the only one!











Disclaimer: all of my fish pictures are of Tyler and Pat because no one else has sent me any ( Thanks Tyler)


The winner for this week, for the final drawing at the end of the year is Bob Capp!